August 30, 2006 / jadettman

Lost in a sea of blah

I’ve been feeling a bit apathetic lately. I don’t know what it is, exactly but it might have to do with our newfound lack of gaming, friends, or both. In this respect, if no other, moving sucks.

In other news, I’m slowly getting back into the work habit on my Cracked Mirror projects. Here’s the new cover I just worked up for Monsters & Mayhem, Second Edition:

1. Dan / Aug 30 2006 7:59 pm

Your presence in Ithaca is also missed, I can certainly say.
    The cover is kind of disturbing-looking. Leaning towards the mystical and demonic, I guess?

2. J.A. Dettman / Aug 30 2006 9:55 pm

Well, it is Monsters & Mayhem, not Wabbits & Warm-fuzzies. I thought that their should be some menace implied. 😉

Do you like it or does it just disturb you?

3. Dan / Aug 31 2006 1:04 pm

I just meant that it leant more towards the mystical than the mayhem? I like the cover, and while it’s stylistically in line with the playtest, it’s not really what the rules were designed around, I guess, is what I’m saying.
    The cover sort of suggests rules for witchcraft and rituals for zombies and voodoo and things, I guess. As opposed to battles between heroic warriors foul orcs, say. Which I feel is suggested by the name Monsters and Mayhem, if you see what I mean?

4. J.A. Dettman / Aug 31 2006 2:25 pm

Ok, I see your point, Dan.

Unfortunately, heroic battles are expensive to have illustrated. So, I thought something a little demonic would work.

5. Arref / Sep 4 2006 5:21 pm

Oo.
    Looks mighty evocative.

Then again, the points above lessen my wondrous appreciation. Is the game about mystic mayhem or action mayhem?

6. J.A. Dettman / Sep 4 2006 5:39 pm

Monsters & Mayhem is a take on cinematic fantasy gaming for the M&M Superlink.

That said, I don’t know if I’ll use this or not.

Thanks for the comment, though, Arref! 🙂

7. Britt / Sep 13 2006 1:53 pm

If you don’t use it for Monsters & Mayhem you should definitley put it on ice for another project, because it’s totally cool.

Hell, you should write something for that cover. 🙂 It’s too good to waste on something that’s not a perfect fit.